About the AKF
The Ohtsuka Amateur Karate Foundation is a non-profit society registered in the province of Alberta dedicated to providing world-class instruction in the Martial Art of Karate.
Under the direction of Sensei Joseph Rempel, 8th Degree Black Belt, the AKF provides instruction in traditional Wado Karate, as founded by Ohtsuka Sensei and Shintani Sensei. Training focuses on the foundations of Karate and self-defence, while maintaining a contemporary approach to learning and engagement.
The AKF is managed and operated by volunteer Black Belt instructors, members in good standing with the AKF, all duly elected to the Board of Directors.
Through the instruction of traditional Karate with a contemporary approach, it is our vision to help students of all ages and abilities, to improve their health, well-being and quality of life through the progressive development of mind, body and spirit.
The AKF provides top quality, world class, traditional Wado Karate instruction in the province of Alberta. Using a classic and contemporary approach, all instruction is provided by highly qualified Black Belt instructors who coach, mentor and educate students of all ages and skill levels. Our mission is to enrich the lives of students through the study of Karate and help them lead healthy, balanced lives.
The goals of the AKF include:
- To provide a respectful environment for all students and Black Belt instructors,
- To provide a safe, secure, fun and engaging learning experience for all Students and Instructors,
- To instruct, coach, mentor, support and respect all students and apprenticing Black Belts,
- To engage in rigorous physical and mental exercise, and
- To manage and operate a transparent, world-class Society respecting and appreciating all members